- Album Title: TBA
- Release Date: Spring/Summer 2017
- Label: Atlantic Records
- Recording Dates: July 2016-Present
- Status: Still recording, has been doing vocals
- Lead Single: TBA
- Possible Song Titles:
- "It Matters To Me" (registered on BMI)
- "So Soft" (hashtag in Kelly's social media; not a confirmed song title)
- "Love Goes On" with Aloe Blacc (from film The Shack)
- "The Cry Inside" (from film The Secret Scripture)
- Collaborators: Jason Halbert, Greg Kurstin, Ali Tamposi, Diztortion, JR Rotem, Claude Kelly, Monarch Production Duo, and more
- Expected Sound: Soul pop, R&B; songs like Rihanna's "Love On The Brain"
- Expected Themes: Love, heartbreak, children/motherhood
Ever since Kelly Clarkson released her 6th studio album, Piece By Piece, in March 2015, she's been excited about the next chapter. Piece By Piece was the final album in the RCA contact she'd had since 2002, and Kelly had longed for more creative freedom. In June 2016, Kelly announced her move to Atlantic Records and her plan to make a soulful album! The album will be out in spring or summer in 2017.
Kelly has had a few other projects on the side as well. She released her first children's book - River Rose And The Magical Lullaby - in October 2016 along with a recorded lullaby. She covered "It's Quiet Uptown" for Hamilton: The Mixtape, and recorded a new song with Aloe Blacc called "Love Goes On" for the movie The Shack. Kelly also appeared on a new Reba McEntire song along with Trisha Yearwood. She recorded the soundtrack song called "The Cry Inside" for a movie called The Secret Scripture. The movie premiered in Ireland early in 2017, though the rest of the world is waiting to see it. "The Cry Inside" leaked online in April, and an officially release is expected soon.
Although she only just gave birth to her son in April 2016, Kelly was already actively working on her new album by that summer. She's been busy for the last year writing and recording new soul pop songs. She plans to release the album in spring or summer 2017, with a single expected as early as May.